Thursday, December 2, 2010

Philip Glass

During weather like this, I might typically be listening to Winterreise or Nantucket Sleighride (by the 70s rock group Mountain). This week, I've been listening to Philip Glass, something I don't often do. There's a little of his music in Naxos and DRAM, but if you want a better selection, check out the 10-CD set on Nonesuch titled Glass Box. The call number at Jones is CD 010-075 (http://198.30.145.251/record=b3182705~S3). I've been listening to disc one, Music in Contrary Motion and Music with Changing Parts, and it seems very well-suited to the gray Cleveland skies.

Remember that when I say "check out", I mean as in "take it with you" to your dorm or apartment. Students can now borrow CDs for three days, with renewals possible. Enjoy.

Paul Cary

No comments:

Post a Comment